Top 5 bookshelf speakers under $400 (per pair)
Give your setup the hi-fi upgrade it deserves with these top five bookshelf speaker pairs, all under $400.
Boost the audio performance of your turntable, CD player, computer or TV with one of the fantastic speaker options below.
If you’re on a tighter budget, no problem. Check out our top five pairs of bookshelf speakers under $300, $200 and $100.
1. Klipsch R-41PM – $399
- Designed for simple setup with your turntable, TV, computer, or wireless device: This truly powerful, compact music monster is packed with Klipsch acoustics with integrated power and Bluetooth wireless technology.
- 70W total system power, 35W per channel: Delivers robust and controlled audio that is crisp and clear.
- Internal amplifier: The R-41PM monitors incorporate individual ualow noise amplifiers custom-designed to maximize system performance and eliminate the need for external amplification.
- 4″ copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer: Along with a 1″ aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix horn, provides a balance of crisp highs with immersive lows for impressive sound.
- Full-featured IR remote: Allows easy access to system features, such as dedicated source selection, track controls, and play/pause.
- Two-way bass reflex enclosure: Offers deep, powerful low-frequency sound.
- Bluetooth wireless technology: Allows easy pairing with your compatible devices, such as smartphones.
- Inputs: You will find a phono/line analog, 3.5mm analog mini jack, USB, and Toslink (Optical) inputs.
- Outputs: A single RCA line-level output enables connection to subwoofer.
- 76Hz – 21kHz frequency response: Ensures faithful sound reproduction.
2. Edifier S2000MKIII – $399.99
- Dual DSP digital audio processing: Helps independently control the electronic frequency division and dynamic management of the high-pitched and medium-bass channel, precisely control the frequency distribution, and fully release the characteristic advantages of the high and low-pitched units.
- Continuous undistorted power: 15W RMS tweeter and 50W RMS mid-range bass in each speaker can effortlessly express vocal scenes of large spaces. High-efficiency class D digital power amplification delivers clear sound.
- Bluetooth V5.0 with Qualcomm aptX HD decoding: Wirelessly transmit lossless and high-definition music signals so that Bluetooth playback can obtain the same music quality as wired digital transmission.
- Simultaneously connected multi-input: In addition to Bluetooth connection, these speakers feature digital and analog inputs to permit interfacing to multiple devices, such as TVs, Blu-ray players, game consoles, computers, and other devices.
- Switch between four EQ preset modes: Swap between four EQ preset modes (Monitor, Dynamic, Classical, and Vocal) with a press of the button. These four sound modes will highlight distinctive tones in varying genres of music and audio.
- Individually adjustable treble, bass, and volume: 50-level high-precision adjustment of the master volume, and smart startup volume protects both your hearing and the speaker from harm.
- Premium construction: The speaker casing is made out of a wood veneer, and the knobs are made from metal and have a professional-grade feel.
- Intuitive and clear digital display: Display selected input status of the speaker (source, sound effect modes, volume) with a clear OLED LCD screen, all you need to do is take a look at the LCD screen, and you’ll know exactly which input you are on.
- Wireless remote control: Equipped with remote control for your convenience. Now you can adjust volume, switch sound source, select mode, and power on/off the speaker wirelessly, free you from the hassle of the constant press on the speaker’s buttons.
3. DALI SPEKTOR 2 – $349
- Soft dome tweeter: The dome tweeter offers best-in-class resolution with an extended frequency response, wide dispersion and low coloration. The tweeter is based on an ua-lightweight weaved fabric, which weighs less than half of the market standard (0.056 mg/mm2).
- Low signal loss: By using only DALI designed and custom-built drivers, the need for frequency correction in the crossover is eliminated. This enables us to design an exact crossover which together with carefully selected quality components ensures that the signal loss is close to zero.
- Wood fibre cones: The OBERON woofer features a wood fibre cone with a blend of fine grain paper pulp, reinforced with wood fibres, which creates a stiff, light-weight and well-behaving structure. Creating unfiltered sound with high accuracy.
- Amplifier friendly: The amplifier friendly design makes the SPEKTOR series a perfect fit for almost any of the amplifiers in its price category. No matter if we look at compact Hi-Fi, stereo amplifiers or surround receivers, SPEKTOR will bring out the best in them.
4. SVS Prime Elevation Speaker – $399
- 4-1/2″ polypropylene woofers: Along with 1″ aluminum tweeters for a complete range of sounds.
- 2-way speaker system: Sounds like 1 source rather than several separate sources.
- 55Hz – 25kHz frequency response: Ensures a wide range of accurately reproduced sound.
- 87dB sensitivity: Ensures crisp, robust audio.
- 8 ohms nominal impedance: Ensures efficient conduction of power through the speaker.
5. Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 – $399
- Klarity Woofer: Klarity mica-infused Polypropylene cones with moulded radial ribs result in a lightweight cone with high rigidity, low colouration, and lightning-fast response.
- Polyester Film Tweeter: Optimized to deliver open and smoothly extended high frequencies with low distortion at high volumes.
- Sophisticated Crossover Network: Ulilizes a complex Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/octave topology featuring Air-core coils to produce the lowest possible distortion.
- Resonance Control Cabinet: Cabinet walls that employ a multi-layered sandwich design with intelligent Spot Bracing to suppress resonance.
- High Quality Binding Posts: Two sets of high quality angled 5-way binding post terminals for optional bi-wire connection and easier cable management.
The post Top 5 bookshelf speakers under $400 (per pair) appeared first on RouteNote Blog.