Eventide Releases Physion Mk II
Advanced multi-FX plug-in with a modern approach to mixing and sound design 14/09/22
Eventide has released Physion Mk II, which they describe as an advanced multi-effects plug-in which offers a modern approach to mixing and sound design. They say that Physion Mk II utilizes their patented Structural Split™ technology, allowing the user to split a sound into its transient and tonal parts, independently manipulate the components with world-class Eventide effects, and fuse them back together. A spokesperson told us, “This revolutionary approach to both practical and dramatic multi-effect processing delivers smarter production solutions along with a host of new sonic options to enhance and inspire creativity.”
Here’s more details in Eventide’s own words…
Building on its 50-year legacy of groundbreaking audio effects, Eventide painstakingly hand-tuned each Physion Mk II effect for transient or tonal material and included new effects like Polyphonic Pitch Shifting based on Eventide’s new SIFT technology. It also features new Reverse delay with Gating, Ping-pong, and Crystals modes, as well as Side Chain Inputs for dynamics effects. The seven transient effects available are Delay, Tap Delay, Dynamics, Phaser, Reverb, Gate + EQ and Reverse Delay. Eight tonal effects can be applied to a source: Delay, Dynamics, Pitch, Chorus, Reverb, Tremolo, EQ and Reverse Delay. The transient/tonal split of a sound can be fine-tuned with four Physion Mk II Structural Split controls.
Physion Mk II’s factory library comes loaded with over 500 presets, offering unique and exclusive sounds, organized into easy-to-navigate categories. Whether an engineer or artist is looking for a little color, a quick fix, some extra spaciousness, or a deep transformation, they can quickly find a broad range of options. Structural Split techniques also allow soloed or rebalanced tonal and transient channel effects like tightening up drums by dropping the tonal section or turning a guitar into an ambient sweep by muting the transients. A/B Comparison and Undo/Redo features allow easy exploration of sounds without losing track of the original source.
Physion Mk II Features:
- NEW Polyphonic Pitch Shifting algorithm based on SIFT (Spectral Instantaneous Frequency Tracking) Technology
- NEW Reverse Delays with Gating, Ping-pong, and Crystals modes
- NEW Side Chain input for dynamics processors
- NEW State-of-the-art Filters, taken directly from SplitEQ
- NEW Resizable GUI with scrolling waveform display and easy-to-use layout – no menu diving required
- World-class, Hand-tuned Eventide effects for the Transient & Tonal streams
- Process Transient and Tonal Effects separately using Eventide’s Improved Structural Split™ technology
- Control Transient and Tonal Output levels
- Control the Underlying Split for fine-tuning and experimentation
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes 500+ presets
- A/B Comparison and Undo/Redo make it easy to explore ideas without losing where you started
- Three Color Schemes: Normal, Dark, and Colorblind Accessible
Pricing and Availability:
Physion Mk II is available for Mac and PC in VST, AAX and AU formats for an introductory price of $99 (reg. $179) from Eventide and authorized dealers worldwide. Additional discounts are available for owners of the original Physion or SplitEQ.
More From: EVENTIDE